Tuesday, December 29, 2020

TWEETY TWAT

I am addicted to hydrocodone, thanks to a doctor who prescribed large amounts after surgery.This means that I have to drive clear across town, many miles just to have my elitist doctor sign a prescription, because the controlled substance cannot be prescribed by just any doctor. On this occasion, I had fallen to the Covid19 infection, and called saying I could not go personally.I asked if they could fax the prescription, from their office to the pharmacy, and got an indignant reply telling me, in effect, to mind my own business. Someone,a surrogate, had to go pick it up. I decided to take my neighbor. I say "take" because the office was in a recondite area where some mad architects thought they were building a charming miny city, but managed to make it so confusing it is impossible to find the office without a Geiger counter. So even though I couldn't drive, I went with him to tell him where to turn and park.I told Juan to go in, give my name, and get my prescription. After all the hassle at least this was straightforward. I gave him my card so the secretary could identify who it was for. In a matter of minutes he came out saying "She can't find you on the computer". The secretary refused to give the prescription to their treasured narcotic to just anybody, in spite of the fact that I had called in and arranged it ahead of time. There was no help for it but to get out and hobble in the freezing cold to the office and see what was the matter."I haven't come in because I have the virus," I explained naively, with my mask on,thinking I was dealing with rational people. Pandemonium broke lose. Tweety twat immediately jumped back to the wall, pick up her things and ran back into the nether region to scream at the doctor. Now the issue was not "I couldn't find you on the computer" nor "here is your prescription" but "GET OUT!" It turned out that my card had my middle name, and tweety twat had typed that in, in spite of the fact that only my first and last name are on their records. (I have been going there for at least 6 months). Not understanding that everything is not iron clad, tweety twat refused to hand it over, saying "anyone could come in with a card they just made up", probably the most bizarre observation of the year. I said, "Well I'm not leaving until I get my prescription, to which I have every right,"The doctor came charging in, prescription in hand, saying, "go outside and I will give it to you." I was only a few feet away, so I couldn't understand why he wanted me to leave without the sacred paper. "Just give it to me and I'll leave," I replied. "Call the police" he answered, speaking to tweety twat. She didn't move. "Call them, I'm staying right here" I asserted, and sat down on a low counter. "I need you to get up off the counter," interjected tweety twat immediately. The doctor was obsessed with me going out first, then he would hand it over. He kept saying "Go outside, go outside and don't come back". Finally he gave me the holy grail and I left with my surrogate. 

 

What is behind this bizarre behavior? First of all, bureaucrats can only follow rules. Any untoward event simply throws them- they can't handle it. Bureaucracy, by its nature, sets the person in charge above the client, so that their rules become more and more rigid and more and more dictatorial. What’s more, this stupidity is not just the accidental result of a few corporate buffoons. It is intentionally created. This is much more than taking advantage of the various inbuilt cognitive biases with which behavioral economists are so obsessed. Rather, it involved organizations purposefully creating a kind of collective mindlessness. By turning the health care system into an assembly line where nothing can vary (and life is infinitely variable), the CEOs of the company can rely on greater and greater profits. Doctors and nurses and tweety twats work for the company, not for the patient. 

 

 

Mon, Jun 13, 2022 8:25 am
(guajolotl@aol.com)To:vickif@sbcglobal.net Details
OK just let me know ahead of time.  today Monday is going to be taken up with Juan taking me  to the doctor I had the fight with and hopefully we can patch things up. I havent had any pain medicine for 2 years and I can stand another minute. Not only do I have zero medicines, the massager, as I said is busted and that had given me some relief.



-----Original Message-----
From: Vicki Trevino <vickif@sbcglobal.net>
To: guajolotl@aol.com
Sent: Sun, Jun 12, 2022 7:44 pm
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL (NOT MARRIAGE)

I'm not going unless you're there. I'll give you an approximate time.


On Sun, Jun 12, 2022 at 3:30 PM, guajolotl@aol.com
ANOTHER THING If you knock and there is no answer Ill probably be lying down and even hopefully sleep. - go round the back- its always open for the cats, although of course if Juan, Roberto and I are away, then the doors will be locked, but most of the time- day or night- the back door is open-

Thank you



-----Original Message-----
From: Vicki Trevino <vickif@sbcglobal.net>
To: guajolotl@aol.com
Sent: Sun, Jun 12, 2022 3:01 pm
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL (NOT MARRIAGE)

Tuesday I can go by your house. I have an appointment with an attorney to make sure Mike's needs are in order . I will let you know what time I can see you. Good luck with your doctor!!


On Sun, Jun 12, 2022 at 12:40 PM, guajolotl@aol.com
Its  your fault for being so nice-

I have reached the end of my rope- I havent had any medical care (read pain pills) for 2 years and I cant take it any more.

I stopped eating  couple of weeks ago because I wanted to die.

Now its gotten much worse- the massager I use on my back short circuited and I have to wait until  I can get another delivered- and who knows how many days that will be. The massager is the only thing,  other than the pills that gave me some relief.

Monday I plan to go to the doctor I had that big fight with to see if he will take me back- He always gave me the pills until things went haywire.

Juan has helped me, but his priority is his "business" (recycling) and he will leave without so much as a bye-your-leave even though I may be screaming in pain. He has his secrets and refuses to share them so I never know whats going on.

My "legacy" is in danger of disappearing because I had planned to send copies of my book to several people- (10-20) so they could have  copy, but since medical care has been halted I am in no condition to do anything.

I need to go to Office Depot to get ink, xacto blades and some pens, but I cant- I dont drive any more, and I need someone to take me and carry me on their shoulders (joke) since I cant walk any more) If I had epidural injections and morphine I could go back to the way things were, but I have nothing- zero zilch

An example of  the shit mierda doctors- its  my sister's fault she moved up here so I came to stay with her here- then she died, so I have had to fend on my own. I went to the "pain doctor"  (Amireh) and he gave me 3 injections- never said one word about what they were. I am convinced they were just water (which he charged the insurance, of course) because I had exactly the same pain going in as coming out, same pain for weeks after, when epidural has in the past take all pain away for 3 months. This did NOT happen.

Hopefully Dr Sidhu will take pity on me tomorrow.

What I am actually writing to you about: I have a list of people to send my book to- but I cant do it anymore. It involves getting 10-20 envelopes, putting the address and mailing them. Sounds simple but its complicated- first it involves a trip to the Post Office to get the envelopes, then the stamps- (around $20 each, which of course Ill pay for).

Could you help put the addresses on and mail them? I can be done in spare time- no hurry.

I know you have your hands full with the farm and Mike's own problems, but maybe you can find your way around it.

Let me know
PROPOSAL (NOT MARRIAGE)